Clube Humbria is implementing the Travelife Program. Our organisation is environmentally oriented and takes the responsibility for our environment very seriously and strives to achieve improvements in all areas to protect the beautiful and healthy landscapes for our future generations. It is important to us to encourage our guests to participate in the set of environmental measures and make available the importance of environmental protection. Our actions are therefore directed to the aims and objectives of international organizations in favor to the protection of the environment.
The following activities and areas are particularly important to us:
- Energy and water: we try to consume as little energy and water as possible and to use renewable energy sources where possible.
- Garbage and recycling: the separation of waste and recycling helps to show young people and other guests in a visual way the careful use of the resources of our planet.
- Transport: we provide comprehensive information about public transportation. Guests arriving by car are encouraged to explore the area by using public transport.
A. ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Clube Humbria is aware of the need to carry out their activities with appropriate respect for the environment and also is committed to accomplish the following environmental principles:
- Rationalize and make good use of natural resourcesin order to reduce the impact on the environment by minimizing resource consumption, promoting energy saving and efficiency in their facilities.
- Continuously improve and prevent pollutionby implementing the necessary measures to reduce the negative environmental effects, preventing possible accidents with environmental impact.
- Continually update the environmental program, setting objectives and targets as part of our environmental management system.
- Continually adopt to environmental legislation and related regulations, and other requirements that must be met by the company.
- Promote environmental education and awareness of our employees, as well as our customers in relation to environmental protection, providing information on all actions carried out within our company.
- Promote the local development, contracting local peopleand purchasing goods with preference by local suppliers. Supporting local associations and local events.
B. HUMAN RESOURCES POLICY
According with the basic principles, Clube Humbria management is committed to meeting the following policies:
- Treatment: Ensure a positive, respectful, supportive and fair work environment where employees differences are respected, valued and utilized to create a productive and collaborative workplace. No discrimination due to nationality, social group, age, sex, disability, religion or harassment is allowed. It aims to establish health and safety conditions needed in jobs.
- Employment: Selection and recruitment procedures must to ensure equal opportunities. All applicants must be evaluated with clear criteria in order to identify the ideal skills for the vacancy, as well as to ensure strict compliance with the legislation on recruitment.
- Deployment: Encourage the professional development of employees with clear objectives, as well as to be able to provide training actions that works as a key element for continuous improvement.
- Payment Policy: To ensure internal equity, starting salaries are determined based on the applicant's prior experience and/or education directly related to the position.
- Labor Relations: Recognize the right of association and trade union membership by establishing a relationship of dialogue and cooperation with unionized employees.
C. PURCHASING POLICY: : STATEMENT CRITERIA IN SUPPLIER SELECTION
1. LIABILITY CRITERIA
- Suitability of the product.
- Distribution capacity, supply and logistics as required.
- Delivery times.
- Quality standards.
- Management of quality and price-product yield.
- Sanitary registration assurance and product datasheet.
- Responsiveness to unexpected (alteration products or occupation peaks).
- Age of the relationship with the company.
- Guarantee compliance with national and international standards in all aspects, including in the field of Occupational Risk Prevention.
2. SUSTAINABILITY CRITERIA
- In Local Development
- Priority purchase of local products (Clube Humbria commitment with the Community).
- In Environmental Protection
- Cleaning products and detergents environmentally friendly.
- No use of chemicals considered harmful to public health and the environment.
- Purchase of products of the season, for example in the case of fruit.
- Reduction of consumption of threatened marine species.
- In Waste Management
- Purchase of products in large format and concentrated products, thus avoiding individual packages and minimizing the frequency of transport.
- Hazardous waste collection guarantee by authorized entities.
- In the conservation of Natural Resources
- Acquisition of low-energy equipment.
- Acquisition of low water consumption equipment.
D. QUALITY POLICY
Our aim is client satisfaction.
In order to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction, quality management is based on the objectives and following commitments:
- Establish close and constant contact with customers.
- Objectively measure the customer satisfaction level as the basis for achieving continuous improvement in our products and services.
- Promote interactive management and teamwork, while encouraging the work, training and continuous learning.
- Distinguish ourselves through our service. Our team goal is:
- Pay close attention to small detail
- Be courteous and friendly to the customer. Every customer should feel at home and it is the most important person
- Most of all, show a genuine SMILE
- Ensure quality service, maintaining the profit margins that allow for growth and generate wealth, according to the Basic Principles.
- Comply with legal regulatory requirements and the relevant commitments made by the company.
- Continuously improve the efficiency of management processes.
E. FOOD SAFETY POLICY
The management of the Touristic Apartments Clube Humbria, believes that it is essential to ensure food security in all processes of handling, preparation and service of food. To achieve this, it guarantees the following of the next principles:
- To protect customers and employees to possible risks result of the preparation, handling and food service.
- Guarantee that the existing legal requirements for food safety are followed.
- Develop and continuously improve food hygiene control systems applied (HACCP and Hygiene Plans) in our company.
- To provide customers guarantee of quality of products used, facilitating their accessibility and information about them.
- Involve staff as key piece.Train and raise awareness about the personal importance of their contribution to food security, through continuous training.
F. CHILDRENS RIGHTS POLICY
As an institution we are committed to stand in favor of children's rights. We stand against any kind of activity that goes against the children's right, such as:
- The unconditional worst forms of child labour, which are internationally defined as slavery, trafficking, debt bondage and other forms of forced labour, forced recruitment of children for use in armed conflict, prostitution and pornography, and illicit activities.
- Labour performed by a child who is under the minimum age specified for that kind of work (as defined by national legislation, in accordance with accepted international standards), and that is thus likely to impede the child’s education and full development.
- Labour that jeopardizes the physical, mental or moral well-being of a child, either because of its nature or because of the conditions in which it is carried out, known as “hazardous work”.
It is requested that in the event of any abnormal situation or suspicion of ill-treatment of children, please contact the hotel management to take the necessary measures
Our policy has been communicated to all our staff and is available to the public, our customers and our employees.
|01/02/2014||Start the recycle of garbage in all staff areas.||Concluded 30/04/2014|
|01/02/2014||Reduce the consume of paper reusing in the internal service.||Concluded 30/04/2014|
|15/01/2015||Reduce the energetic consume, replacing all lamps from Reception for LEDS lamps.||Concluded 30/04/2015|
|15/01/2015||Reduce the energetic consume, replacing Televisions for LCD LEDS Television with low consume of energy.||Concluded 30/04/2015|
|15/01/2015||Reduce the energetic consume, replacing all lamps for LEDS lamps in external areas in the Hotel.||Concluded 30/04/2016|
|15/01/2015||New external e-mail signatures, with the alert to only print in case of necessity.||Concluded 30/04/2015|
|15/01/2015||New internal e-mail signatures, without images, only with name and phone number, to reduce the quantity of paper when print.||Concluded 30/04/2015|
|15/01/2015||Reduce the water consume installing automatic water tap and urinal, in the public toilet in Reception.||Concluded 30/04/2015|
|15/01/2016||Reduced the consume of chemicals in the pool treatment, installing an automatic system.||Concluded 15/05/2016|
|15/01/2016||Initiate recycle in the common areas of costumers.||Concluded 15/06/2016|
|15/01/2016||Reduce the impact of the chemicals in the laundry, by using the Ecological products available from Ecolab.||Concluded 20/07/2016|
|15/01/2016||Reduce the impact of the chemicals in the housekeeping, by using the Ecological products available from Ecolab.||Concluded 01/05/2017|
|01/03/2017||Installing of electric hand dryer in the Bathroom near Swimming Pool, so we can reduce paper consumption.||Concluded 01/05/2018|
|01/04/2018||Supporting a social cause that would also be supporting the environment.||In process|
|01/03/2018||Introduction of the pool towel service, but with a periodicity of a towel per week. If guest request an extra towel 1€ is charged.||In analysis|